During academic session 2020-21 and in response to Covid 19 restrictions Bathgate Academy has moved to online parents evenings.
We are using the same booking system as in previous years, however your appointments with teachers will now be online.
To access the parent booking site please click the link opposite. This will go live once you have received a Groupcall message indicating appointments can be made for that particular year group. See booking windows information below.
Teachers will be available, as per their working time agreement, to take 5 minute appointments over a 3 hour window on each designated evening. To increase flexibility of this online consolation provision, teachers have chosen their 36 '5 min' time slots within a 5 hour window of time starting at 3.45pm and ending at 8.45pm.
Guidance for Parents
|Year Group||Parent Evening date||Bookings opens||Booking closes|
|S1||19th November||8th November||15th November|
|S4-S6||21st January||10th January||17th January|
|S2||4th February||24th January||31st January|
|S3||18th February||7th February||14th February|
|S4-S6||29th April||18th April||25th April|
How to technically book and join using your device -
see 'Video Call Information for Parents' document in download section opposite
Parental Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Sitting in a quiet environment where you can give full attention
- You may wish to have your child or young person with you
- This is chance for both you and the teacher to talk about your child's progress and achievement
- Time will be limited on the call and you may find it useful to jot down any questions you would like to ask
- Please be respectful at all times during the consultation as you would if you were meeting face to face
- The meeting may not be recorded by the school or the parent, this is in breach of the hosting company policy
- If you encounter any technical difficulties and have to leave the call, there will be a Glow form you can fill in details to report this or phone the school to report this between 4pm and 7pm on the evening or the following day.